Front End web developer & Graphic designer
Micael McKenzie Inc Creative is located in McCall, Idaho and strives to provide high quality integrated marketing solutions for small businesses in Idaho and beyond. Since its inception in 2010, Micael McKenzie Inc Creative has been a one-woman show. As our client base grows, we are looking to build a team that shares our love of all things marketing.
Our primary goal is to provide top quality service that exceeds our clients’ expectations regardless of what the marketing budget may be. Small or large, every dollar is important and it is our job to maximize results. To continue to provide amazing service, we are seeking a motivated individual to join our team and help set the foundation for the company’s future growth.
As a small business, the name of the game is flexibility. While this position will be focused first and foremost on website development and website management, it will also include graphic design, content creation, and social media management as part of the job description. Expect to wear a lot of hats! We are looking for someone who loves to be creative and push themselves to sharpen their skills – then put those skills to work to help our clients grow amazing Idaho businesses.
Our clients cover a huge range of sectors including hospitality, real estate, education, nonprofit, government, retail, service, and more. Every day is something new, so our team members will need to be flexible, creative, and excel at time management.
We are offering a competitive starting hourly rate that will include a monthly health insurance stipend after six months. Other perks include working from home in your pajamas (this is a fully remote position) and flexible hours as long as deadlines are met (we all have lives outside of work!).
Starting hourly rate: $25 – $30 per hour DOE
30-40 hours per week
$200 monthly health insurance stipend after six months
**Fully remote job, flexible hours as long as deadlines are met**
- Design, build, install, test, and launch WordPress-based websites;
- Edit photos and incorporate design elements as needed for new projects and website updates;
- Content editing and creation as needed for new projects and website updates;
- Incorporate SEO best practices
- Technical support for deployed websites (i.e. WordPress updates, theme and plugin compatibility issues);
- Build training manuals for each deployed website and work with clients on website editing education training;
- Launch websites and manage necessary server and DNS changes as needed;
- Build all websites to be fully responsive to all screen sizes.
- Create and design various materials for print including, but not limited to, email templates, forms, advertisements, guides, brochures, rack cards, flyers, and posters;
- Logo design;
- Digital asset design including, but not limited to, formatting digital advertisements, creating social media post templates in line with a project brand, formatting email templates, and creation of online forms.
Act as a support/backup in these areas:
- Social media management;
- Content calendar creation and management;
- Reporting and analytics;
- Brand strategy development;
- Marketing strategy development.
- WordPress content management;
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign;
- Use of FTP tools to deploy websites;
- An ability to streamline work to ensure efficiency in billable client hours.
- HTML/PHP/CSS –familiar knowledge to read code;
- Latest UI and UX trends and developments;
- 508 compliance and ADA requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a 2 year degree in web design or similar field;
- Hands-on experience building websites on a WordPress platform;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- An ability to be flexible and adapt to change and feedback;
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills and be able to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A drive to be challenged and continue learning.